Choosing a care provider for yourself or a loved one can often times be a difficult and confusing task. There are certain things you will need to consider. Not all care providers have the same standards of care, staff training or screening process. It is important to know the right questions to ask to ensure the safety and comfort of all persons involved.
- How long have you been providing services?
- What services do you provide? Can I get housekeeping, medications and transportation all from one company?
- If I need transportation, what are my options?
- Does the company charge the same rate on days, nights, weekends and holidays?
- Can I terminate the service without having to give notice?
- Can I reach office staff 24 hours a day, 7 days a week?
- Does your agency carry full professional liability insurance?
- Can families interview the Aide prior to hiring and at no cost?
- Will your agency conduct a needs assessment at no cost?
- How is the schedule of the staff determined?
- Is a criminal background check completed on all your employees?
- If doing transporting, does the staff have a valid driver’s license and car insurance?
- Is their driving record being checked?
- Are your Aides CPR and First aid trained?
- Are your Aides trained to assist me with my medications?
- Are your Aides trained to perform “personal care”?
- Do your Aides do full housekeeping, including mopping and laundry?
- Are your Aides covered by worker’s compensation insurance?
- Are all your Aides bonded?
- What if I don’t like the staff person or there is a problem with their work?
- What if my staff doesn’t show up to work?
- How does the company monitor their staff to know they are showing up?
What sets us apart
- We have been providing services to people for over 21 years and truly care about the people we serve.
- We are a local company with involved administrators who have all had an extensive background in direct care work.
- We are available to be there for you 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- We have an administrator on call at all times if a need may arise.
- Where as some companies may only provide a few of the services you need, our training and experience enables us to do just about everything, including transportation, medication administration, meal preparation, home maintenance and housekeeping. We are a “one stop shop!”
- You are able to cancel services at anytime, no obligation, and no charge.
- All of our staff are hired not only on their integrity, but their backgrounds are thoroughly checked with the latest technology and resources available to ensure your safety, privacy and security.
- All staff must have a valid driver’s license and car insurance to be hired.
- All of our staff is CPR and First Aid trained before they begin the job.
- Staff members are trained to the specific need of each person.
- Are staff are trained in safety and environmental emergencies, along with nutrition, cultural diversity, and a wide variety of disabilities and illnesses.
- When picking your staff member, we try to take into consideration your likes, dislikes, hobbies and so on, to ensure the best fit for you and your staff.
- You can be included in deciding whom you want as your staff and can meet and speak with the person before they start if you like.
- At CHHS if a staff person fails to show up for one shift they will be replaced. We are able to monitor this very closely through our automated clock-in system. This system uses caller ID, so we are certain the person is where they should be.
- If you do not like your staff or are unhappy with their work, we will replace them immediately.
- We have a fairly large staffing pool, which not only gives you a wide variety of people to choose from, but also ensures that we are always available for you.
- Our employees are bonded and insured and are covered by worker’s compensation insurance.